Galvanism involves using direct current to help create specific effects on the top layers of the epidermis to refresh, stimulate and rejuvenate the skin.
What is the science?
A specialised pre-treatment product is applied to clean, dry skin to help cleanse the pores. The
second part of the process helps transport results-oriented ingredients into your skin. By using galvanic, we are able to both better cleanse and help boost the ingredients into your skin than just by using our hands.
Benefits of a facial using galvanic
Since the active ingredients contained in the skin care product reach deeper layers of the skin, it makes for improved cleansing, hydration, circulation, and radiance. Recommended for most skin types, but especially dry/dehydrated or oily/acneic skins – whatever the skin care product is designed to achieve, the penetration will give it that extra boost.
We like to keep expectations reasonable, but some or all of the following results may be achieved:
- smoothed out light wrinkles
- increased blood circulation, which nourishes the skin cells
- increased effect of any issue-targeting facial treatment (see below)
Who is it for?
Using galvanic technology is suitable really for any skin type. However, it is not for individuals who have heart conditions or pacemakers, are diabetic, have circulation concerns, have metal plates or pins, have had major dental works, braces or are pregnant. A consultation is required before using galvanic technology during a facial.
At Brooklyn Greenspa we will deliver a facial that is bespoke for your skin needs and to target any issues of concern. Coupled with our Éminence Organic Skin Care products, you can be sure to achieve premium results, with many clients noticing a visible difference straight after the facial – and that’s even without the galvanic element!
The beauty of galvanic is whatever therapeutic benefits are in the ingredients, their efficacy will be boosted. For oily/acneic skins, it can be used to treat sebaceous blockages and clear congestions that lead to acne. For skins lacking lustre, it can be used to bring brightness. For dehydrated skins, it can give a hydrating moisture-burst.
How many treatments will I need and how much does it cost?
At Brooklyn Greenspa, we can’t stress enough the benefits of regular professional facials – click here to read our blog. To achieve the very best results, and for a real boost to your skin, we would recommend four treatments spaced over a period of 8 weeks.
However, we recognize that people have time constraints, and one every third week or even a monthly treatment will also be effective but it will obviously take longer to achieve the best results. For one ten minute session with your facial, the charge is £15 plus the cost of your facial. And for a course of four we charge £48 plus the cost of your facial (a saving of 20%!)
What makes a Brooklyn Greenspa facial with galvanic different?
As with all our GreenTech treatments, three component parts of equal importance go towards making out treatment different:
- Delivered by state-of-the-art equipment from Weelko.
- Active ingredients. We take the efficacy of galvanic to a different level by coupling it with award-winning Éminence Organic Skin Care products, voted favourite skin care line for 10 consecutive years by American Spa Professionals. Using only the purest ingredients without harmful chemicals or additives, even without machines, Éminence delivers premium and immediate results in a facial. Under the public radar until recently, when it made global news for being the Duchess of Sussex’s, the former Meghan Markle, chosen skin care line.
- The human touch: This treatment includes the skilled and professional touch that is signature to all our facials to promote absorption of product, muscle toning and drainage. Whilst the mask is being left to take effect, you will be given a neck and shoulder treatment.
If you feel that a facial using galvanic is something you’d like to explore, please give us a call or book a free consultation by clicking on the Book Now button on the screen. We’d love to accompany you on your journey to your “Best Skin Ever Year”!