Referred to by some as the “glowing skin miracle worker”, but it is a non-invasive advanced exfoliation procedure to remove the superficial layer of dead skin cells which needs to be removed in order to have products work properly.
There are two main types of microdermabrasion currently available:
- Crystal microdermabrasion employs a hand-held machine that gently blasts the skin using crystals, hence the name.
- Diamond microdermabrasion uses a diamond-tipped wand that is moved over the skin by the therapist.This is the chosen system of Brooklyn Greenspa for reasons on our blog – The Difference Between crystal microdermabrasion and diamond microdermabrasion.
What are the benefits?
- A change in the skin clarity, elasticity and texture of your skin – a course will achieve maximum results, but some people notice a difference with just one session. All or some of the following may be achieved:
- Stimulation of blood flow and increased nutrition to skin cells, giving a radiant glow.
- An evening-out of pigmentation and lessening of fine lines.
- Improvement to clogged pores and a reduction in the appearance of minor acne scars
How much does microdermabrasion cost and how many treatments will it take?
Compared to a chemical peel or laser treatment, this system is far less aggressive and a single treatment will, therefore, not provide the optimum result. Realistically one should look at a series of 5 – 8 to begin with and then review. Initially these should be spaced 7-10 days apart, with monthly treatments thereafter. Obviously the progress can be monitored along the way and decisions made with your skin care specialist. Some clients then choose to maintain the results with a monthly treatment.
One diamond microdermabrasion session costs £65 and a course of five will cost £290 working out at £58 a session; the time for each session is approximately 60 minutes.
Diamond microdermabrasion is not recommended if you have certain skin or health conditions so a full consultation is imperative before a treatment is booked. At Brooklyn Greenspa, consultations are always free and happily given!
What makes a Brooklyn Greenspa diamond microdermabrasion treatment different?
As with all our GreenTech treatments, three component parts of equal importance go towards making out treatment different:
- Delivered by state-of-the-art equipment from Weelko, Barcelona – known on the Continent and starting to become known in the UK.
- Active ingredients. We take the efficacy of diamond microdermabrasion to a different level by coupling it with award winning Éminence Organic Skin Care products, voted favourite skin care line for 10 consecutive years by American Spa Professionals. Using only the purest ingredients without harmful chemicals or additives, even without machines, Éminence delivers premium and immediate results in a facial. Under the public radar until recently, when it made global news for being the new Duchess of Sussex, Megan Markle’s, chosen skin care line.
- The human touch: This treatment is completed with a gentle and restorative face masque and an acupressure treatment on neck and shoulders to relax you while the mask is working.
Even if microdermabrasion is not for you, there are several other treatments that can assist you with your goal of better-looking and better-feeling skin.
If you are interested and if you’re reading this online, hit the “Book Now” button to make your free consultation appointment. Your first step to your “Best Skin Ever Year!”